I was released from my calling as a sunbeam teacher (I think you have to be pregnant in order to be released from primary :) and was able to go to gospel doctrine and relief society! It was bittersweet because I really do love primary, but was wonderful to listen to adult lessons and actually see people in the ward. Looking around, I felt like I was in a new Relief society! I was too embarrassed to ask the sisters I didn't recognize if they were new because they could have been in the ward a whole year by now!
Something extra special and not anticipated, was that I was able to skype with my little brother Jack who is serving as a missionary in Brazil! He's been out for a year now, although it feels like 3, and he was just beaming. It was so great to see his face and get to talk with him.
enjoying our special dessert
After church Tony spoiled me with a special dinner--rice, grilled asparagus & cedar plank grilled tilapia. I think his birthday present of a grill is working in my favor more than his! Not only that but I also got some new accessories for my ipod and a long foot rub to offset Joey's mother's day gift of swollen feet. It was a great day to be a mother!
No comments:
Post a Comment