Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Live List

I love having something to look forward to. I like to plan out my weeks with a few things that I can be excited about. It makes the days/week go by so much better. I love this quote, "One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats."--Iris Murdoc

I compiled a list of "small treats" that I can do over the summer. I'm already doing a couple of these and have really enjoyed it.
I'm sure I'll think of new things every once in a while and will add them to the bottom of the list. I'll do posts about each of the things I do on here and will keep this list on the side of my blog, highlighting things that have been completed!


My Summer 2010 Live List

"Above all, try something." --Franklin D. Roosevelt

*do a family service project
*take Charlie swimming
*camp in the backyard
*buy vegetables from the farmer's market
*share my testimony
*train for a November half marathon
*feed the ducks
*make fruit tarts
*read a new book each month
*learn something new each month
*bring treats to our neighbors
*go to the temple
*make and decorate a cake
*make homemade popsicles
*bring a picnic lunch to Tony
*catch a lightning bug
*hike a trail
*do a puzzle
*watch fireworks
*go to a yoga class

You should make one too! Let me know if you do :)



4 comments:

Chelsie said...

This is such a good idea Megan! I want to do it. SO often time just flies by and it would be good to make a list like this for the summer. Then, I can look back and think-- look at all these things I did on purpose!

Lisa said...

Megs- such a GREAT idea!! I am so going to do this. It makes the summer feel like you have accomplished so many great things!! Are you guys coming out to Utah this summer? If so, we should plan a get together! :)

Cody and Heidi said...

I really need to make one of these lists, or this summer will be work work work and that will be it.

By the way your trip to St. Louis looked like so much fun! I love Charlie to death!

Megan Marie said...

I'm so excited for you to go on all of these lovely adventures. I was thinking about lightning bugs the other day, actually. Can't wait for pictures!

I've linked your list here.