
I first heard about this from my mom's friend who delivered her baby while living in the south. I didn't believe her at first! People really save their placenta and eat it later? What in the world?!
A friend here made me feel much more comfortable when she told me it isn't common here (phew) but it wasn't the first time she had heard of this. She said she heard it's mostly women who do the whole home birth thing that are into this.
Don't worry, we won't be feasting on placenta dishes after Charlie is born. I tease Tony about this all the time.
A friend here made me feel much more comfortable when she told me it isn't common here (phew) but it wasn't the first time she had heard of this. She said she heard it's mostly women who do the whole home birth thing that are into this.
Don't worry, we won't be feasting on placenta dishes after Charlie is born. I tease Tony about this all the time.
I read an article about this on babycenter.com (the pictures came from there) This is part of what it said...
"In some cultures, women eat their nutrient-rich placentas to restore postpartum hormone levels, thereby warding off depression; however, no scientific studies have proven that human-placenta ingestion prevents the baby blues."
The mom who made the pasta and sandwich said this...
“The energy levels I had before and after the [placenta] consumption were immediately noticeable to me.”
So there's a reason while people do this...what do you think?

10 comments:
thanks a lot- I'm off to go puke...
Oh dear... YuK!!!
I have heard of them storing it to be used as some kind of skin lotion (that makes a little more sense to me... soft as a baby's bumm).
All the years I lived in the South, I never heard of eating placenta until today. Yuck. I bought some hand lotion at a health store (probably 30 years ago) in Kent Wash. and I used a little, it smelled like a new baby then I read the ing. and it had placenta in it. I quickly took it back. I think it was called "Kiss My Face" or something like that. I've checked it since then and the placenta was gone. Creepy. Gmaw D
that is so disgusting. I have NeVER heard of that before. eww. And thanks for the add. I mean come on we got to be friends so I can see pics of that cute little baby when he comes out.
That is disgusting... I had never heard of that. On a happier note, I LOVE the name Charlie... he is going to be so cute.
SICK. WIERD. BARF.
that is disturbing...
don't eat it. please!
uhhhh! i can't get over how wierd this is!!!!!!!!!!
just had to add that!
Thanks for including the photo. I had to stare at it for a minute then decided that I was going to spew all over the laptop if I didn't stop. I don't think I'll be able to eat beef stroganoff or a meatball sandwich again for a long, long time!!
Don't weird-out on us now!
Dad
ummm yeah.. that type of stuff does not happen in Texas.. I think its all those backwards people out there in Arkansa
Wanna hear something weird! Yea my sister keeps hers! BUT BUT BUT she does NOT NOT NOT eat them!!!!!!!! She plants them under trees! Really strange to me! HAHAHAHA SICK!!!!! I THINK IT IS SICK!!!!
Post a Comment