Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Family Announcement and Pictures


 Bentonville square

 Well, this is the last place I have to post our family news that we are officially leaving Northwest Arkansas.  Tony accepted a job in Utah and we'll be leaving on the 20th.  It all happened so fast!  This new job is an exciting opportunity for Tony.  It's taking him down a different career path that he has been wanting to go.  Really, it's a huge blessing.  We're excited to live by our families and old friends again, but so sad to leave this area behind.  I love our friends so much and our ward has been incredible.  This really is the perfect place to raise a family.  Ah...I start thinking about it and I start crying so onto some pictures :)

 
 a dime to ride in "Sam Walton's truck"

Coincidentally, the boys and I did a little town exploring the day before we found out about the job.   We were wanting to try out a new cupcake shop on the square, but they didn't open for an hour after we showed up. We explored the square, visitor's center and the 5&10 shop to kill some time.  We wanted those cupcakes!  Well, I guess I wanted a cupcake is more honest :)
 vintage style toys in the 5 & 10 shop

 downtown square





 Even the prisoners are picturesque in Bentonville :)
Charlie was so excited to see "Jail guys"


The morning didn't go as planned, but we did end with our main goal: cupcakes :) 


I'm so glad we had this morning to enjoy where we live.  I love Northwest Arkansas.
(I am making my blog public so I can better keep in touch with friends here.  You can remove my updates blog from your list--thanks!)

4 comments:

patsy said...

I love that first picture.
I think you should print it & frame it for your new house. just as a reminder...
I'm sad for you - but ecstatic for me!

I hope I spelled that right?

audrey said...

I can't wait to see your new adventures! Oh and make sure you keep a key from your house :) Such exciting times, Megs! Hopefully we can get together for lunch or something this summer! I would love to meet your boys and catch up with you!

Louisa said...

I don't know why I'm only seeing this post now, but oh well. I'm so excited that you are all coming back!

Meg + Taylor said...

Moving really is such a bittersweet event. You will definitely miss things, but you'll have new adventures to look forward to. Reading this made me think of when we moved. I was so sad to say goodbye to our first house, the cute Bentonville square and our fun ward. The good thing is you will be able to keep in touch with everyone--look at us :) We're still friends! Can't wait to hear about Tony's new job. Good luck Gibson family!

(And now I want a cupcake …thanks!)